I understand how in his countless years of study about how to win friends and influence people, Dale Carnegie said, “Dogs are the ultimate example, you need look no further”. Bo was truly one of the most authentic loving personalities I have ever known. When I looked into Bo’s eyes I could see his soul; in other words, he had the ability to love and it was widespread. Because Bo and other animals have the ability to love, that brings us to the first reason he is in heaven.
- “But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love” (1 John 4:8) Bo most certainly had the ability to love and did love, therefore Bo knows God.
- Some may say that’s ridiculous and that God doesn’t care about dogs. To that I would only say God felt sympathy for animals when talking to Johan. “But Nineveh has more than 120,000 people living in spiritual darkness, not to mention all the animals. Shouldn’t I feel sorry for such a great city?” (Jonah 4:11).
- Not only was God sympathetic, but Psalms 36:6 makes no distinction between God’s care for people and animals, saying, “You care for people and animals alike, O LORD.”
- And it’s pretty clear God calls you “wicked” if you are cruel to animals. “The godly care for their animals, but the wicked are always cruel.” (Proverbs 12:10)
- Jesus is coming back from Heaven on a white horse (Revelation 19:11), but it doesn’t say He had to come down to earth to get it, so the horse must have been in heaven to begin with.
Father God, thank you for giving us Bo for 13 years. And thank you that he is in heaven with You running with strong legs and a full head of hair. Please assure him I will see him again and scratch him under his chin and behind his ears, please; as You already know he likes that a lot.
We will all see Bo again. He was a JOY to be around! No greater companion, no better friend. We are Really sorry for your loss. Y’all will be in our prayers.
Chris and Ana Cooley